It’s been 7 months since we released a public beta of our automated service tools. Here are our thoughts of the things that have gone well and the ones that didn’t go as well as planned.
First of all, it has been a very busy period for us. We have been planning, beta testing, collecting feedback from you guys, developing, fixing bugs, collecting more feedback, and then, more developing… Seven months of crunching data and trying to make sense out of it. Might not sound like it, but actually we had a lot fun along the way and have learned a lot, too.
Things we did right
1. Plugins for Max, LightWave, Blender, Terragen, Modo and Maya – they do exactly what they were meant to, they prepare the project and allow you to send it to us
2. Chat integration in the Uploader app – it has been a great time saver and a convenience both for the users and our Support team
3. Web Manager – scene submission and render dashboard
Things that worked but need some tweaking
1. Plugin/Uploader communication – we need more stability and efficiency here
2. Web Manager UI – we would like to simplify it further and perhaps redesign the layout
3. Uploader UI – we want to retouch it to make it more intuitive and easier to use
Although we haven’t been very transparent with the progress and the development updates along the way, we are working hard behind the scenes to bring you the best experience possible. It is our core mission to deliver the most user friendly, simple to use, and fast render experience to all of the 3D enthusiasts. Want to be part of the process and contribute? Come talk to us and share your thoughts.